Over the past couple of days, rumors have been flying around about Raven Symone being in a relationship with former “America’s Next Top Model” contestant AzMarie Livingston. You may have missed the news since it came from the National Enquirer but the amount of pick-up the story received alleging that Raven and Az are shacking up in an $11,000/month condo in NYC was enough to make the actress respond on Twitter and shut down any further discussion. She tweeted:
“I’m living my PERSONAL life the way I’m happiest. I’m not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I’m dating. and I shall not start now. My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I’m dating to know. I’m not one for a public display of my life. However that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I’m not harming anyone. I am a light being made from love. And my career is the only thing I would like to put on display, not my personal life. Kisses!”
Ask me something else and see what happens! Sorry, I added that last part. I just love how she handles media speculation and drama so well at her age and after 25 years in the industry. That’s pretty much the same type of response she gives whenever someone tries to come at her about her weight: her body, her business. Hot 97.3 reported sources as saying:
“[Raven's] at a point now where she doesn’t care what her family thinks, and she’s in love with AzMarie. She’s a lesbian and wants to live that way. Can you believe it?”
From the response she gave on Twitter, I can, because that’s the way she’s always been—unconcerned with other people’s thoughts.
What do you think about Raven’s response?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Have You Gotten Over Your First Love?
- Wendy, Please Stop Speaking For All Black Women and Their Need To Be Natural
- Don’t Ignore the Crazy, Don’t Rationalize the Brokenness: A Cautionary Dating Tale
- Lil Kim On What Really Went Down With Faith, Her Face, and The Engagement No One Knew About
- MN Exclusive: Eric Benét Discusses New Album and Explains His Ode To “Redbone Girl”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Girlfriends”
- How To Achieve Heatless Curls Around The House