In its annual rankings of the world’s (read:America’s) most powerful celebrities, Forbes determined that Jennifer Lopez is the most influential person in show business today. I know she’s sitting pretty as an American Idol judge these days but being ranked as the most powerful celebrity in the world? I beg to differ. J.Lo’s music and style have very little influence in pop culture, relatively speaking.
The fourth ranked celebrity, Rihanna, makes much more sense. Although her records always struggle to gain a foothold on the pop charts, it’s no question how much her style choices weigh in on popular demand and taste. Although we see much less of Oprah these days, as she’s not actively picking books and her favorite things on her past wildly popular show, the cable CEO is ranked second. She’s still raking in the dough big time although OWN is in debt. She reportedly made $165 million in the last year.
The lowest-earning celebrity to crack the top ten list is Kim Kardashian. The
fake reality star made $18 million and ranked number 7 on the list even though it seems that everyone seems to love to hate her family.
Forbes considers financial earnings, press rankings, and social media rankings to calculate the list. Here’s the top ten. To see the full list, go to Forbes.com.
1. Jennifer Lopez, $52 million
2. Oprah Winfrey, $165 million
3. Justin Bieber, $55 million
4. Rihanna, $53 million
5. Lady Gaga, $52 million
6. Britney Spears $58 million
7. Kim Kardashian $18 million
8. Katy Perry, $45 million
9. Tom Cruise $75 million
10. Steven Spielberg, $130 million
More on Madame Noire!
- Once a Bully, Always a Bully? The Issue With Mitt Romney’s Past & Present
- Pull Out the VHS: Best Black Films of the ’90s PART II
- LOL: After One Date and One Rejection, Guy Says The “Average Chick” Was Lucky He Gave Her A Chance
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- Bad Hair Don’t Care: 5 Tips to Overcoming Your Bad Hair Day
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Cute Kid Alert: Candid Pics of Roc & Roe Cannon’s Birthday Party, And Tallulah Dash Turns Four