There were plenty of black ministers who spoke out against President Obama’s stance on marriage equality and the media was happy to interview them. But there’s another side to this story. There are black and Latino ministers who strongly support the president and his newly stated stance.
Support for marriage equality among African American and Latino groups has increased over the past few years. A recent Public Religion Research Institute poll found that a majority of Latino Catholics and a third of black Protestants support marriage equality.
See who these men and women of God are at BlackVoices.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Once a Bully, Always a Bully? The Issue With Mitt Romney’s Past & Present
- Pull Out the VHS: Best Black Films of the ’90s PART II
- LOL: After One Date and One Rejection, Guy Says The “Average Chick” Was Lucky He Gave Her A Chance
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- Bad Hair Don’t Care: 5 Tips to Overcoming Your Bad Hair Day
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Cute Kid Alert: Candid Pics of Roc & Roe Cannon’s Birthday Party, And Tallulah Dash Turns Four