The story that Melanie and Derwin would be no more on BET’s “The Game” is no longer just a rumor. Tia Mowry confirmed her exit last night on Twitter and her on-screen husband Pooch Hall is definitely leaving with her.
“Just wanted to let all my fans know that I will not be returning to The Game for season 6,” Tia tweeted. “It was an incredible run and I had lots of fun.”
The obvious question of why, along with how the heck is the show going to go on without the two main characters, hasn’t been answered yet, but it appears both actors have moved on to bigger, and perhaps better, things.
Pooch already a new gig as a series regular on Ray Donovan, a new Showtime pilot which was picked up. From most of your comments, HBO and Showtime are the route to go if you want to have a good role on TV so Pooch might be on the come up. As far as Tia, she just released a new book on motherhood, Oh Baby!, which hits stores today, and the second season of her and Tamera’s reality TV show on the Style Network will be coming back soon. I doubt she’s going to make a full career out of reality TV but at least the checks will still be rolling in.
Some reports have said the actors will be back to wrap up their story lines and TV Overmind says Pooch will still have a recurring role next season, much like Coby Bell’s Jason Pitts. I haven’t been watching the show consistently, but after last night’s episode it seemed Melanie might be moving to DC, so they could easily make her character disappear that way. We’ll have to see what goes down in the season finale June 5.
Does Tia and Pooch leaving ruin any chance of you watching next season?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Once a Bully, Always a Bully? The Issue With Mitt Romney’s Past & Present
- Pull Out the VHS: Best Black Films of the ’90s PART II
- LOL: After One Date and One Rejection, Guy Says The “Average Chick” Was Lucky He Gave Her A Chance
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- Bad Hair Don’t Care: 5 Tips to Overcoming Your Bad Hair Day
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Cute Kid Alert: Candid Pics of Roc & Roe Cannon’s Birthday Party, And Tallulah Dash Turns Four