Denied! Judge Says Pilar Doesn’t Need $24K/Mo For Kids
Deion Sanders will have to pay child support to his estranged wife Pilar, but it won’t be the $24,000 a month that she requested. A Texas judge believes she needs less than half of that to raise the couple’s three children and ruled that Deion pay her $10,500 monthly.
Pilar argued that Deion has a net worth of $250,000,000 which made the former pro baller noticeably chuckle out loud in the courtroom, as if to say his wealth is nowhere near that number. Regardless, Pilar broke down exactly where she intended to spend some of his ends:
$450 personal care, haircuts
$500 school lunches
$750 child care
$500 cell phones
$1000 entertainment and events
$2000 children’s lessons
CBS may have only gotten a partial list, but since those items only add up to about $8,000 and seem to cover all of the kids “necessities,” I can see why that $24,000 number didn’t fly—although most divorcing spouses tend to get a lot more.
Deion testified that he only makes $1 million per year from his job as an analyst for the NFL Network, but his 2010 tax return showed his earnings were closer to $2 million. Beyond child support, Deion will also have to pay Pilar’s legal fees, which add up to $275,000. Ace Showbiz reports that he will also have to pay $3,500 a month for the mortgage of her new house in Celina.
More importantly, the couple has worked out a visitation schedule for the children, pending a full custody hearing down the line so hopefully there won’t be anymore late-night assaults.
Do you think Deion and Pilar got fair deals in this settlement?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Once a Bully, Always a Bully? The Issue With Mitt Romney’s Past & Present
- Pull Out the VHS: Best Black Films of the ’90s PART II
- LOL: After One Date and One Rejection, Guy Says The “Average Chick” Was Lucky He Gave Her A Chance
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- Bad Hair Don’t Care: 5 Tips to Overcoming Your Bad Hair Day
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Cute Kid Alert: Candid Pics of Roc & Roe Cannon’s Birthday Party, And Tallulah Dash Turns Four