Gawker is known for all things hilarious, weird and absurd, and one of their posts today shared a real-life situation that shed some light on the cruel yet amusing world of dating in the city.
The satirical site posted text messages between Candice, a 31-year-old woman, and a lawyer she met at a bar. After going out on a date to watch The Avengers, Candice expressed to him that she wasn’t interested in getting to know him further. He obviously took it hard. He sent a follow up text to his buddy explaining what happened the previous night. Peep the exchanges below:
We have to laugh at the fact that he questioned her taste in men just because he didn’t deem her to be a supermodel. We also have to laugh at the long text he sent to his friend. Do guys send each other long text messages like this nowadays? Oh yeah, I forgot, it’s the era of the bromance.
In any case, here’s a question I want to pose to you Noirettes. If you were Candice, what would you say in your response to his last text?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- An Open Letter to People With Jobs…Who Don’t Want to Work
- Wondering What The Most Popular Baby Names Were of 2011?
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- Evening Eye Candy: Model Broderick Hunter