Last week we were just talking about the lack of diversity in women’s magazines and here comes Vogue with a cover featuring Serena Williams and all her pro athleticism for the magazine’s June Olympic hopefuls issue.
Representing Team USA alongside the tennis pro is soccer star Hope Solo and swimmer Ryan Lochte showing off bodies only Olympians can achieve. With famed photographer Annie Leibovitz on the job, it’s no wonder these athletes look so amazing.
There’s another bonus inside as well. Miami Heat star Dwayne Wade is featured along with model and ballet dancer Karlie Kloss for a spread on the 2012 Olympians, and he talks about what it means to be apart of the American Dream Team and to have a chance to recover from their semi-finals loss in Athens four years ago.
Check out the behind the scenes footage of the photo shoot here as the athletes talk about the work they put in to making it to the pinnacle of pro sports. What do you think about the cover?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- An Open Letter to People With Jobs…Who Don’t Want to Work
- Wondering What The Most Popular Baby Names Were of 2011?
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- Evening Eye Candy: Model Broderick Hunter