Mother’s Day was officially yesterday, but there’s still enough motherly love to go around this Monday. We know Beyonce, Tina Knowles, and little Blue Ivy are hardly the only famous mother-daughter-granddaughter trio around, but like Jada Pinkett and her family, Beyonce took a moment to express her love for her mother publicly, in a letter to Tina on her website. Matthew Knowles usually gets all the credit for Beyonce’s super stardom but Bey wants everyone to know the role her mother played in her success as well. Here’s what she wrote:
We’re wondering if hand-written letters are going to be Bey’s new thing since we already saw her send a special note out to Michelle Obama on her website a little while back. In addition to showing her mother some public love, Bey also posted a cute “Love On Top” mother’s day remix made by four adorable little stars known the Gurlie Girlz that’s worth a look. Check it out and tell us what you think.
What would you say to your mother in a letter?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- FLAT CHANCE!: Keep Your Feet Fly In These Flats – EDITOR PICKS
- Remember Adebisi From Oz? Did You Know He Was A Skinhead!
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- And This Is How You Shut Someone Down On-Air Without Being An Angry Black Woman
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole