I’m feeling like this is the year of Bey, not that every other year before this hasn’t pretty much been hers too, but she just picked up three more titles on top of People’s “Most Beautiful Woman in the World,” that definitely prove why she has a right to that “Ego” she told us about.
Forbes has placed Beyonce as one of the 20 Most Powerful Mom’s in the World—yes world. She comes in behind mothers like Hilary Clinton but she’s still in a pretty good place at number 14. On top of being recognized by Forbes, Working Mother magazine also named Bey one of its 10 most powerful moms of 2012, joining the ranks of Angelina Jolie and some political nobles from the Forbes list as well.
And as if power wasn’t enough, everyone, including Victoria’s Secret, is still reveling in the post-baby body that Bey has been showcasing lately because the lingerie company just added her to their “What Is S[w]exy list,” meaning Beyonce definitely is. Who knew becoming a mother could do all that for you?
I have a feeling Bey is going to be riding pretty high for her (don’t call it a) comeback concert memorial day weekend. Motherhood is making her even bigger than she was before.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- I Had Such High Hopes: Hair Products That Looked Good But Didn’t Produce Results
- Looking For Trouble: 5 Signs You’re a Bully (And Could Use an A** Whoopin’)
- Battle Of The Bulge: 8 Celebs Who Have Yo-Yo’ed With Their Weight
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- The Kids Are All Right: Nick & Mariah Share New Pics of Roc & Roe