The standing thought on sex is that men think about and are down for it at any given time of the day or night but a survey of women in the UK found that most ladies are in the mood at a very specific time: 11 pm Saturday night.
The UK surveyors didn’t go into reasons why that time might be most common but it’s not too hard to imagine why. Though Friday night is the start of the weekend, most of us are probably a little drained from the work week and not vying for a roll in the sack. After a relaxing Saturday and an evening of dinner and drinks though, we’re ready to go by 11, which is nearly right on time, according to Russian website Pravada. They say the best time for women to feed their appetite for loving is between 8 pm and 10 pm because:
“A woman is full of energy (if she ate her dinner well) and ready to act on her own initiative.” When the clock strikes 12 though, it could be too late. By midnight, melatonin levels go up dramatically, and we’re usually ready for bed, they said.
For most of us that probably depends on how much rest we’ve had and whether the intimate prospect before us is worth losing a few more hours of shut eye, but regardless of what time we’re doing it, we tend to be happy with the final result. Of the 1,000 women surveyed, more than three quarters were satisfied with their sex lives. Of the ones who weren’t, busy work schedules were to blame. That Saturday 11 pm time slot is making even more sense now.
Is there a certain time of the week you’re usually more in the mood?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- I Had Such High Hopes: Hair Products That Looked Good But Didn’t Produce Results
- Looking For Trouble: 5 Signs You’re a Bully (And Could Use an A** Whoopin’)
- Battle Of The Bulge: 8 Celebs Who Have Yo-Yo’ed With Their Weight
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- The Kids Are All Right: Nick & Mariah Share New Pics of Roc & Roe