At 26 years old, Amber Riley is tired of playing a high school student on the Fox sensation “Glee” and she tweeted that she’s leaving the hit show for a much needed vacation and a career change.
“That’s a wrap on Amber Riley! Just closed a chapter in my life, the only thing I’ve known day in and day out for three years,” the actress wrote on Twitter.
“I’m going to miss the whole Glee family, seeing them everyday,” she continued. “I have so many brothers and sisters now But I am looking forward to a much needed and deserved summer vacation! SCHOOL’S OUT Glee Kids! Let’s play!”
Amber plays the character Mercedes on the show, and is the only black character I believe. There had been much talk about adding a love interest for the character this season and developing Mercedes’ role more but now as one of the many seniors graduating later this month on the FOX musical drama, this will be her last bout with the character—maybe. Amber sent out another Tweet that makes it sounds as though she could reprise the role for another venture in the future.
“Stay tuned to see what’s next for Mercedes,” she tweeted.
Just last week Amber fainted while on the red carpet for a Fox Upfronts event and she’s been in good spirits since but we’re thinking ending this chapter with “Glee” couldn’t have come at a better time for the young starlit.
Will you miss her character on “Glee?”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- Hair Did! Celebs With A Fab Wig and Weave Game
- Don’t Fight It: Why It’s OK To Be Attracted to Other People
- Girl Bye: Tami Roman Has The Nerve To Say She’s Being Bullied By ‘BBW’ Viewers
- Watch What You Say About Black Studies: Blogger Fired For Questioning Scholars’ Legitimacy
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- Access Denied: 7 Things That Will Get A Guy Fake Digits