I’ll just get right to it: These fools are now in custody and thankfully so.
On Monday evening, Fort Wayne, Indiana police received a report that a man and a woman had strapped kids to the top of their car and drove away from a liquor store just like that. Unfortunately it was true and a couple area residents also saw the kids strapped to the car just before police arrived.
“I couldn’t believe it! They had this strap across their legs. They were squirming to get out. They didn’t know what to do. And I told the people in the car, ‘Don’t do that!’,” Bonita Gorsuch told the Wane news.
“They were all drunk. They were all high, or whatever. They’ve got babies on a car! That’s not nice,” another resident, Tom Nowak, said.
When a U.S. Marshal saw the children near an intersection he stopped the vehicle for police. The driver, Aaron S. Stefanski, 29, had a blood alcohol content of .17% and was charged with three counts of operating while intoxicated and one count of neglect of a dependent. His passenger, Jessica A. Clark, 29, was also charged with one count of neglect of a dependent.
Luckily none of the kids- ages four, five, six and seven – appeared to be hurt. Three of the children were Stefanski’s, one belonged to Clark.
“I didn’t particularly think they would like to be an ornament the car,” Gorsuch said. “They were scared being strapped up there. It was very dangerous. It was really a sad thing because they could have been killed.”
The Department of Children Services was also called to the scene but at the time it’s unclear if the children are now in protective custody or in someone else’s care. At least they’re away from these crazies.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- Hair Did! Celebs With A Fab Wig and Weave Game
- Don’t Fight It: Why It’s OK To Be Attracted to Other People
- Girl Bye: Tami Roman Has The Nerve To Say She’s Being Bullied By ‘BBW’ Viewers
- Watch What You Say About Black Studies: Blogger Fired For Questioning Scholars’ Legitimacy
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- Access Denied: 7 Things That Will Get A Guy Fake Digits