Carey-Cannon Family Hustle: Nick and Mimi Working On a Cartoon
Nick Cannon has always been a jack of many trades but he’s bringing his wife Mariah Carey in on his latest venture as the couple dabbles with creating an animated series. Nick told MTV News:
“We actually got some stuff in development that we’re working on, some animated stuff that her and I are putting together. So you’ll definitely see her in that space too. It’s just something that we both enjoy, and even more so than that, we’re both kids at heart. So we love those types of stories and fantasy/fairytale type of stuff.”
Being new parents is also a big part of it. Nick was already hosting the family friendly competition “America’s Got Talent” and he’s also the executive producer of the upcoming Nickelodeon movie “Rags.” Though this is the man who once had a song out for the adults called “Gigolo,” he says most of what he does here on out will be programs geared towards his one-year-old twins Monroe and Moroccan.
“I mean it’s one of those things where a lot of the stuff I’m going to be doing in the near future is going to be really family-driven just because of the fact being a father and wanting to be able to provide content for my kids,” he said. ”So it works out really good. It makes you proud when you can have some work that your kids can go see.”
He’s such a proud papa!
What do you think about Nick and Mariah’s new venture?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- “Would We Still Back Barack Obama if He Were Married to a White Woman?”
- “Messy: Terrell Owens Confronts Baby Mommas on Dr. Phil”
- “Check Ya Vocals: 7 Songs That Would’ve Sounded Better If Someone Else Sang Them”
- “2012 Met Costume Institute Gala: Beyoncé, Rihanna & More Show Out On The Red Carpet”
- You Can Do Better: Your Standards Are Too Low If You Accept These 6 Things
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- “Phil Mushnick (And Those Who Agree With Him), Tell Us Why You’re Really Mad at Jay-Z”