Don’t Be Cruel: Bobby Brown’s Coming Out With First Solo Album In 14 Years…
For some reason, Bobby Brown is trying to fit every important event in his life into the month of June. On top of a New Edition concert in Hawaii and a wedding, the singer is dropping his first album in 14 years next month. That’s a pretty big gap to live up to the album title of The Masterpiece.
If you’re one of the few people following the singer’s solo career, the June 5th album release won’t surprise you. Early last year Bobby released two singles, “Damaged” and “Get Out The Way,” and this spring (i.e. any day now), he’s expected to release the lead single from this latest project, “Don’t Let Me Die.”
“I simply wanted to create a body of work that will take listeners on a musical journey; the style of music that will allow people to get in touch with their highs and lows and their joys and pain of living through song,” Bobby said in a press release. “At the same time, I am hoping to bridge the gap between good old R&B and R&B of today.”
Bobby was the man back in the ’80s and people who have seen New Edition on tour say the 43-year-old still has “it.” We’ll know for sure in about a month.
Will you be lining up to purchase The Masterpiece?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- “Would We Still Back Barack Obama if He Were Married to a White Woman?”
- “Messy: Terrell Owens Confronts Baby Mommas on Dr. Phil”
- “Check Ya Vocals: 7 Songs That Would’ve Sounded Better If Someone Else Sang Them”
- “2012 Met Costume Institute Gala: Beyoncé, Rihanna & More Show Out On The Red Carpet”
- You Can Do Better: Your Standards Are Too Low If You Accept These 6 Things
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- “Phil Mushnick (And Those Who Agree With Him), Tell Us Why You’re Really Mad at Jay-Z”