Although he doesn’t consider himself a relationship expert, Slim Jackson is one of several authors behind the smart, tongue-in-cheek relationship blog, SingleBlackMale.org. The site has become a popular stomping ground for men who need guidance on dealing with the fairer sex and women who want a glimpse into the psyche of the uncommitted man. With topics ranging from sex, love and dating to sports, entertainment and pop culture, Jackson, 29, who serves as the site’s executive editor, along with SBM’s team of opinionated gentlemen, have cultivated a home where the Black man’s perspective reigns supreme and honest advice is dispensed in clever, easy to digest prose.
In 2011, SBM took home two Black Weblog Awards (Best Blog Design; Best Blog Post Series); was featured onEbony magazine’s Power 100 List; and appeared on The Michael Baisden Show to discuss monogamy in relationships. As part of Black Blogger Month, the Albany, NY native tells BlackEnterise.com why connecting with readers means more to him than page views, and how running a successful relationship blog sometimes puts a damper on his dating life.
Read Slim’s interview with BlackEnterprise.com, here.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hip to the Game: Red Flags We Overlook In Our 20′s And Look Out For In Our 30′s!
- Ashton Kutcher, “Brown Face,” And Why These Images Persist in Media
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boyz N The Hood”
- Why Do We Feel The Need to Keep Explaining ‘Our’ Fatness?
- Did You Know They Were The Daddy? Surprising Celebrity Parents
- 20 Years Later, Where Are They Now? The Cast of “The Cosby Show”
- Who You Calling a Bit**? A How-To on Properly Addressing Women