by R. Asmerom
According to a jobs report published in Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Black women have experienced the biggest job gains over the last five months. The Bureau of Labor statistics reports that the unemployment rate declined from 13.9 percent to 10.8 percent. For Black men, the unemployment rate in the same time frame decreased from 15.7 percent to 13.6 percent Although there is a significant gap between the unemployment rates between Blacks and Whites, it has been reduced over the past year and the difference is now at 6.8 percent.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- How She Made It: Jeri Lynne Johnson, Founder of Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra
- How She Made It: Alia Jones-Harvey, Producer of A Streetcar Named Desire
- The Career Freshman Part II: Getting To The Next Level in Your Career
- Crisis Management Lessons: Handle Scandal Like Your Name Is Kerry Washington
- About Their Business: 7 Black Female Politicians Who Made History