Yesterday, a Texas judge ordered Pilar Sanders to stay 500 yards away from Deion Sanders’ home and even further away from their children since the former NFL star was granted temporary custody.
The ruling came at the end of three days of hearings in the Sanders’ divorce case and it will stand pending a full custody hearing for the estranged couple whose children have also been ordered to undergo psychological counseling. Both Deion and Pilar were charged with misdemeanor simple assault after the widely reported home attack a few weeks back and both sought protective orders against each other but only Deion received the court protection.
Police officer John Gardner responded to the disturbance call at the Sanders home with another officer and he testified last week that Deion said he was in a kitchen area attached to his bedroom in his end of the house when Pilar began kicking the kitchen door. He told the officer that his wife began slapping him, so he grabbed her by the waist and carried her from the bedroom. When he got outside the bedroom, he said his wife and her friend began to hit him.
When he was asked how Pilar may have injured her lip, as we saw in the mug shot, Gardner said her injury looked like she might have bitten it. Both responding officers said they didn’t see any signs of an attack on Pilar, who told police she entered her husband’s bedroom because she hadn’t seen one of their sons for three days….*Blankstare*
It certainly sounds like Deion may end up with full custody of their boys.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hip to the Game: Red Flags We Overlook In Our 20′s And Look Out For In Our 30′s!
- Ashton Kutcher, “Brown Face,” And Why These Images Persist in Media
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boyz N The Hood”
- Why Do We Feel The Need to Keep Explaining ‘Our’ Fatness?
- Did You Know They Were The Daddy? Surprising Celebrity Parents
- 20 Years Later, Where Are They Now? The Cast of “The Cosby Show”
- Who You Calling a Bit**? A How-To on Properly Addressing Women