Stronger, Longer Hair Challenge
Today, women are embracing their hair texture, more than ever, and opting to wear their hair naturally. At times it can be a challenge, if you are not using products specifically designed to care for natural hair. It’s important to note that caring for natural hair needs and deserves the same amount of care as relaxed hair. Regardless of the texture, healthy hair is the first step to stronger hair.
Here are a few tips on caring and maintaining healthy, natural hair:
- Start with products that are salon-quality and formulated to replenish, repair and prevent breakage, such as the Optimum Care Salon Collection.
- Always condition hair after every wash using a product that penetrates from the root to the tip line, such as the Optimum Care Salon Collection Deep Conditioning Masque.
- Protect your hair! If you straighten your hair always use a thermal heat protector such as, Optimum Salon Collection Heat Protection Polisher, on hair before blow-drying. It’s a perfect product for achieving sleek and straight looks without harsh chemicals. It is also perfect for transitioning your hair from relaxed to natural.
- When blow drying, always work in sections. Divide hair into manageable sections, starting at the nape of the neck working your way toward the front of the head in 2 to 3 inch sections.
- Styling your Natural Hair – Styling depends on how you want to wear your hair natural, i.e. twists, short natural curly styles or braids. But in general, always remember that your hair needs Moisture, Moisture and Moisture. Make sure to use products that deeply nourish and condition hair without drying it out.
Tell us some of your natural tips?
Follow Johnny Wright on twitter @johnny_wright
Johnny is the Celebrity Stylist to First Lady, Michelle Obama, and Artistic Style Director for SoftSheen-Carson Laboratories, a division of L’Oréal USA. His work has appeared in InStyle, O! Oprah Magazine, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Vogue Italia and on SoftSheen-Carson advertorial campaigns for publications such as Essence, Ebony, Jet and Sophisticate’s Black Hair.
Join the Optimum Stronger, Longer Hair Challenge! Complete the Hair Survey and share your experience in the challenge by commenting below or tweeting us @MadameNoire with the hashtag #StrongerLonger for your chance to be our weekly winner and score amazing Optimum Care products!.
We are looking for the most engaged users. Participate in the challenge, send us your questions… and we could feature YOU on Madame Noire! At the end of the challenge, three Grand Prize winners will receive a salon experience, tons of Optimum Care product, and the opportunity to serve as an Optimum Care blogger. Join us!
Feel free to e-mail us at HealthyHair@madamenoire.com