First it was mold inside of a tampon, now it’s cocaine?
A Salt Lake City woman found an interesting surprise after she purchased a sealed box of sanitary supplies from a local store over the weekend. After opening the box, Cindy Davidson immediately suspected some of the applicators had been tampered with, and after noticing a powdery substance inside she called the police. HazMat investigators came out to determine just what the powder was—like if it was anthrax— but in the end it was (just?) cocaine.
“It appears to be a highly sophisticated way of attempting to smuggle or get drugs though to some place or another,” a police detective told KSL.
The store has since stopped selling the particular brand of contaminated tampons, although they haven’t released that information to the public. Investigators are also trying to figure out exactly where the drugs came from and just how elaborate of a drug scheme this singular box could be apart of. Meanwhile Cindy is still a little shocked at the situation but thankful the substance was just drugs and not a terrorist attack.
“I really couldn’t wrap my head around it,” she said. “I was just thinking it was crazy. I couldn’t believe it had happened. It was just crazy to me.”
Thank God she noticed the tampered applicators before putting them to use.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Was Dating a Man With a Secret…
- Who Gon’ Check Me, Boo?: Annoying Things You Should Check Your Friends About
- It’s The Most Ratchet Time of the Year: The Ugliest Prom Dresses of All Time
- Wonder What It Was Like To Date A Young Obama? 2 Ex-Girlfriends Reveal All
- Don’t Play With Me: 6 Things You Don’t Joke About With Black Women
- When Dining Goes Bad: Family Locked In Restaurant When They Refuse To Tip
- Patience is a Virtue: An Open Letter To My Future Husband