This is one of the most unlikely beefs we’ve come across and—surprise—it was started by Tamar.
Last night while Jill was probably sipping some ice tea and getting ready to wind down with a little mindless entertainment, she tweeted: “Please watch Mary Mary on WE tv. Finally a real representation. Yay!!!!!!!!!!”
Innocent enough, right? Well the baby, and most outspoken, of the Braxton clan somehow took offense to the tweet because of her and her sisters’ show on the same network and she responded by saying:
As if that wasn’t unnecessary enough, another Braxton sister, Towanda, decided to jump in on what shouldn’t have been any drama at all, tweeting:
Um, where’s my Kanye West, “ooooh they so sensitive” button? I am so glad Jill decided to cut out the noise by tweeting:
That’s exactly how I felt about what they were saying.
If you want to tear apart Jill’s initial tweet, I suppose you could say the “real representation” line was guilty-by-association shade because both shows are on the same network but I highly doubt she had the sisters in mind or even specifically WE tv when she said that. If anything, it was probably a shot at the “Basketball Wives” or a shout out to there being a christian-based reality show on TV. Pretty much, the 9 out of 10 different ways you can decipher that tweet have nothing to do with the Braxtons and therefore we invite them all to have a seat—as they apparently already did by not responding when Jill called them out.
Do you think Jill was being shady or are the Braxtons being sensitive?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Was Dating a Man With a Secret…
- Who Gon’ Check Me, Boo?: Annoying Things You Should Check Your Friends About
- It’s The Most Ratchet Time of the Year: The Ugliest Prom Dresses of All Time
- Wonder What It Was Like To Date A Young Obama? 2 Ex-Girlfriends Reveal All
- Don’t Play With Me: 6 Things You Don’t Joke About With Black Women
- When Dining Goes Bad: Family Locked In Restaurant When They Refuse To Tip
- Patience is a Virtue: An Open Letter To My Future Husband