Last night, Miami Heat player Chris Bosh hopped on a private plane from NYC to head home to Miami after he found out his wife Adrienne was in labor. This morning, the newlywed couple welcomed a healthy baby into the world and they were both there to see it.
To ease Adrienne’s fears that Chris wouldn’t make it in time, someone must have sent her a pic of her hubby boarding the plane last night, because she tweeted this pic yesterday evening saying:
“Thank God for private flights…Hurry home Baby :)”
Chris held up his end of the bargain, having told news outlets he would drop everything at a moment’s notice to be by his wife’s side during the birth.
“I’ve got a beeper, so when it goes off, I’ll be ready,” he said. “It’s an exciting time, I’m trying to compete for a championship and prepare for new life. It is a busy time in the Bosh household.”
Chris was in New York yesterday to prepare for tonight’s game against the Knicks, and according to David Aldridge of NBA.com, he will be back in NYC tonight to go head to head in game three. That’s a dedicated father and team player.
Congrats to the Bosh family!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s The Most Ratchet Time of the Year: The Ugliest Prom Dresses of All Time
- Wonder What It Was Like To Date A Young Obama? 2 Ex-Girlfriends Reveal All
- Gucci This, Louis That: 7 Signs That You’re “Bougie”
- Don’t Play With Me: 6 Things You Don’t Joke About With Black Women
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live : Ready for Kids & Clingy Types
- Behind the Music: 7 Celeb Stories VH1 Needs To Get On Now
- Patience is a Virtue: An Open Letter To My Future Husband