Serena Williams is done dating—like pretty much for good. In an interview with Celebuzz, the tennis pro completely opened up about love, and mostly about heartbreak.
“I have given up on dating. It just hasn’t worked out well for me,” the 27-year-old said. “I’m a really emotional person. I give my all and everything. I do make mistakes — like every human does — but the last relationship just was too much of a heartbreak for me. I just can’t go through that anymore. It was hard.”
Looking through our Serena Williams relationship Rolodex, her last relationship was either Drake or Common but we’re not sure which she’s referring to. Serena and Common were on-and-off for three years, beginning in 2007, but shortly after, Drake appeared to move in and take his spot. That situation didn’t really last though—about three months at the most—so if we had to choose, we’re going to assume she’s talking about Common. Either way, Serena says it’s going to be a while before she’s linked to any other man.
“I just have to remove myself from that atmosphere for about the next decade or so,” Serena said. “I can’t get involved.”
It’s crazy to think two years post break-up Serena still feels this strongly. If I’m not mistaken, Common has made a few statements suggesting he might be still be missing that old thing—and let’s not forgot that beef with Drake that was probably about her. These two might need to just quit playing and give it another try.
What do you think about Serena’s heartbreak hiatus?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Your Ex Wants To Be “Friends,” And He’s in a New Relationship: Good or Bad Idea?
- Gucci This, Louis That: 7 Signs That You’re “Bougie”
- Blasphemy? Can Christians Get on the Pole?
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- Give Me My Money, Honey: Should Women be Forced to Pay Their Ex-Husbands Alimony?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of What’s Love Got to Do With It”