Tyler Perry’s Studio Up In Flames After 4-Alarm Fire
Last night a massive fire went through Tyler Perry’s studios causing one of the buildings to partially collapse at the multi-million dollar locale where a fundraiser was just held for President Obama in March.
The fire started around 9 pm and was put out about an hour later. Luckily there were no injuries but fire officials said it’s too soon to tell just how much damage was done to the 60-acre complex or what caused the fire. The 200,000 square-foot Atlanta studio includes five sound stages, a 5-acre pond, a 400-seat theater, a chapel, a commissary, a gymnasium, his office, an art department where sets are designed, hair and makeup facilities, a wardrobe department, set decoration, a post-production facility and a backlot named 34th Street, after Miracle on 34th Street, according to the studio website.
Hopefully no film was lost in the fire as Tyler prepares to release two more movies this year. His second release, “Madea’s Witness Protection” is due in theaters June 29. So far, he hasn’t released a statement on the incident.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Your Ex Wants To Be “Friends,” And He’s in a New Relationship: Good or Bad Idea?
- Gucci This, Louis That: 7 Signs That You’re “Bougie”
- Blasphemy? Can Christians Get on the Pole?
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- Give Me My Money, Honey: Should Women be Forced to Pay Their Ex-Husbands Alimony?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “What’s Love Got to Do With It”