Should I Leave My Alcoholic Husband?
If you’re at the end of your rope with an alcoholic husband, you’ve come to the right place. In this video, Author, Psychologist and YourTango Expert Dr. Jack Singer answers the question: My husband has a serious drinking problem and it seems to be deteriorating. Is there anything I can do about that, or should I just plan on leaving him?
“The first step is to see if he admits he has a difficult time with alcohol and he’s willing to get help,” says Dr. Jack. “If the answer is ‘no,’ if he’s denying it or finding excuses, you need to get out of the relationship.” After all, the likelihood of recovery for an alcoholic in denial is awfully slim. On the other hand, if he can admit he has a problem and is willing to work on it, your marriage may still be saved.
Want more advice? Check out the video at YourTango.com.
MORE ON MADAME NOIRE!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “What’s Love Got to Do With It”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Can We Ever Get The Black Family Sitcom Back?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Post-Baby Fab: Fantasia Shows Off New Curves, New Hair & New Colorful Look