by Marissa Ellis
So, Jessica Simpson just delivered her new baby girl today. The 9 pound baby is named Maxwell Drew Johnson and represents just one of the many similarities between the pop divas Beyonce and J.Simp. Not only did they both have baby girls this year, but they’re both singers, they both hail from Texas, they each have one younger sister who has found fame in her own right, they both have mothers named Tina, each of their fathers managed their careers, they both have built successful fashion lines and they were both born in the early 80s (okay, I know that one was a stretch but oh well).
I know it’s not news, but it is quite interesting if I do say so myself (I know many of you will question why this is news in the comments so by all means, proceed).
Update: Thanks to our reader Tiffanie MadameGigglez Thomas in the comments section for bringing this other similarity to our attention: both of their younger sisters (Solange and Ashlee) got married, divorced and had sons even before their older sisters had kids!
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “What’s Love Got to Do With It”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Can We Ever Get The Black Family Sitcom Back?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Post-Baby Fab: Fantasia Shows Off New Curves, New Hair & New Colorful Look