Women have the tendency to recreate themselves for different people and purposes, and rarely take the time to find out who they are, why they were created and build their self-esteem from that knowledge. Women don’t take the time to find out who they are because they don’t know how to be “into” themselves, or in tune with themselves because they are looking to others for guidance on who they are.
How to Be Into You:
- Designate time daily for yourself, and engage in an activity specifically for you. Take a walk in the park, read a book, go shopping alone, etc. just be sure this time is specifically set aside to do something you want to do.
- Get to know who you are. Getting to know who you are consists of you observing your character in a variety of situations. It is learning what you like to do, how you like to do it and why. Take mental notes of what you discover about yourself, and decide if you want to change something!
- Do something out of the ordinary. Doing something out of the ordinary will bring out the adventurous side of you, and help you discover something new to add to your life and personality. This will also give you a chance to grow in a different positive direction.
- Keep a journal of positive energy dedicated to you. Keeping a journal of positive energy allows you to write down positive traits, and characteristics that you’ve observed within yourself. Write down something positive about yourself each day and reflect on how it made you feel. This will help you discover who you are, and be proud of that person!
- Set standards for yourself. Setting and maintaining standards for yourself allows you to establish a positive plan of action for your life based on the things you want, and the way you want things to go in every aspect of your life.
These are a few ways you can begin being in tune with who you are, and building self-esteem based on the things you find out about yourself.