Although Kelly Rowland announced that she was quitting the “X Factor” UK due to increasing demands from TV chiefs, Kelly’s reportedly finding out that those demands were intentional to push her out as a judge and she is not happy.
Kelly is said to be fuming over the fact that the show’s execs treated her the way they did so that they could go after former judge Danni Minogue and convince her to make a comeback to the program. Though the “Motivation” singer cited “global commitments” and “scheduling issues” as the reason for her departure, it seems her bosses were less than impressed with her, particularly after she flew back to America during last season to carry out another job when she should have been mentoring her contestants. Requesting that her pay be tripled to come back for a second season didn’t help either. Confirming news that she would not be returning, Kelly said:
“I love the UK and being part of the show last year. Mentoring the girls was such an incredible experience I will never forget. I would like to thank Simon for the great opportunity and asking me to be a judge last season.”
Only Kelly and the TV execs know what went on for sure but if we see Danni Minogue back next season we can probably assume it’s true the “X Factor” wanted Kelly out. As they say in showbiz (or on Jay-Z’s Blueprint 3 album), on to the next one.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “What’s Love Got to Do With It”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Can We Ever Get The Black Family Sitcom Back?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- The Mane Balancing Act: Exercising And Your Hair
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Post-Baby Fab: Fantasia Shows Off New Curves, New Hair & New Colorful Look