Lady Soul, Aretha Franklin, is letting it be known that she has picked what she calls a “strong contender” to play her in an upcoming biopic.
Yep, you read it here. The multiple GRAMMY® Award-winner is eyeing actress Audra McDonald, who was spotted my Franklin when she attended “Porgy and Bess” on Broadway. It was the Queen of Soul’s first time seeing McDonald in a play. She was very impressed with her performance and expressed an interest in her for the role.
Check out McDonald’s picture (if you don’t recognize her name) and find out why Franklin thinks she’s so qualified at Eurweb.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? Things You Really Need To Make A Relationship Work
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Family Matters”
- Pompadours and Ponytails: Which Celeb Wears It Best?
- Ratch on Ratch on Ratch: 6 Questions I Need Answered About Basketball Wives’
- Bad Never Looked So Good: Fine Fictional Characters That Scared Us For Real
- Friend to Foe: 7 Things That Can Turn Your Bestie Into Your Worst Enemy
- GIRLS GONE WILD! Ladies Who Can’t Keep Their Hands To Themselves