It must be baby hump day because Tamera Mowry has followed up news that Chris Paul’s wife is pregnant with news that she and her husband Adam, are expecting a baby of their own.
“Adam and I are excited about having a baby and the blessing that he or she will bring to our lives and to our family and friends,” Tamera told PEOPLE.
The 33-year-old twin just became an aunt to sister, Tia’s, son Cree 10-months ago and next month the newlyweds will be celebrating their 1-year anniversary. Initially the couple wanted to hold off on children but a trip to South Africa changed everything.
“It’s just so beautiful there and you get a whole new perspective on life, the things that really matter,” Tamera said. “Adam and I looked at each other and said, ‘Why wait?’”
They won’t be waiting too much longer to welcome their son or daughter into the world. The baby is expected in November and Tamera said “We can’t wait to meet this little miracle!” She told the magazine:
“The first trimester was a little rough. I was extremely fatigued and had morning sickness — more like evening sickness.”
Luckily she’ll have her sister there to guide her through new motherhood and she’s apparently just as excited about the baby as the mother and father.
“Tia is beyond thrilled,” Tamera said. “Cree now has a play date in the future!”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)