Somewhere in the midst of twit-picing him and his sons sitting around the coffee table filing out police reports, Deion Sanders neglected to mention that police didn’t exactly see him as innocent in the whole ordeal. Following an investigation into his altercation with his wife Monday night, Prosper, TX, cops also gave him a ticket for misdemeanor simple assault.
His punishment is obviously a lot less than his wife’s who was hauled off to jail for assault family violence since she appeared to be the aggressor in the case, but by Deion also being ticketed I assume the cops didn’t buy his claim of simpy “defending” himself until he could call 911. His citation could cost him up to $500 which is a drop in the bucket for him, but he spoke to Dallas station KXAS about the domestic dispute after Pilar’s arrest, saying:
“Is somebody going have to die? Is it going to be me before the court does something and gets this woman out of my house? It’s absurd.”
Looks like he got his wish because upon being released from jail, Pilar was also banned from entering the couple’s mansion for the next two months. She told reporters after being set free:
“I am innocent. I understand that I have a very little chance at beating a Hall of Fame, two-sport man that everyone seems to love and adore. I am a full-time mom 100 percent for my children and I have just not gotten a fair shake.”
I’m not sure how she thought “kicking, biting, and scratching” her soon-to-be ex-husband in front of her children would help her get one but this may be another lesson she learned the hard way.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)