by Marissa Ellis
Martin Lawrence and his wife Shamicka Gibbs never flaunted their relationship like other Hollywood couples, but that didn’t stop the low key couple from going the way of many a Hollywood union. People has reported that the longtime lovers have decided to call it quits. The couple had been together for 13 years and had two daughters together before they decided to tie the knot in 2010.
Lawrence was previously married to Patricia Southall and had one daughter with her. His ex-wife went on to marry Dallas Cowboy Emmitt Smith. Lawrence was also in a long term relationship with Saved By The Bell actress Lark Voorhies.
Lawrence was reportedly set to make his return to television, having shot a pilot for CBS recently.
More on Madame Noire!
- Beauty and the Braids: 7 Celebrities Who Make The Look Fierce
- Vain is Your Middle Name: Celebs Who Love Themselves as Much as Their Fans Do
- Do You Want What You Can’t Have? Why You Keep Chasing the Unavailable
- Tuesday Talk: Melanie Fiona On Her Mother, Man And One MF
- Tableside Racism: Waiters Admit Discriminating Against Black Patrons Because They Don’t Tip
- Ladies, What Do You Do With Your Farts?
- Why Don’t Black Women Want to Breastfeed?
- The 7 Reasons Men Lie, According To A Man Who Doesn’t (Maybe)