Somaya Reece sounds like she might be trading in dreams of a rap career for weight loss coach—a choice I’d support considering she’s been successful with the latter. The “Love and Hip Hop” star just started a new weight loss channel on YouTube showing her 21-pound weight loss since June 2011 and she’s definitely looking good.
Some up the loss can be attributed to the breast reduction Somaya underwent to take her size 40 E breasts down a few sizes, but the slimmer waist and face is all her. In her Youtube clips Somaya talks about reducing her calories down to 1,400 per day, drinking protein shakes, and trying to be lean for life. More than loving her new approach to life, I thoroughly appreciate the fact that both her makeup and her personality seem to be a lot more toned down from what we saw when she was on VH1.
Take a look at her transformation in the video below and see more on her new site missreece.com. What do you think?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s So Hard to Say…I’m Sorry
- 10 Things Ladies Should Know About False Lashes
- Oh NO He Didn’t: 7 Things That Annoy Women About Men
- WTH: Couple Held At Gunpoint At New Home When Neighbors Assume They’re Robbers
- All Educated With Nowhere to Go: 1 in 2 College Graduates Jobless Or Underemployed
- Another Unsolicited Tyrese PSA: ‘Some Of Ya’ll Have Wack Sex’
- African Fashion Designers Are Breaking Away From The Traditional
- Do I Stay Single Like Jesus Or Do I Call Tyrone?