There comes a time in every woman’s life when there is no compromising or sheltering of herself for the sake of anyone or their feelings. It’s the time when she becomes 100% confident in who she is, where she’s been and where she is going. Her unwavering self-esteem is what makes her a true woman and armed with the tenacity to take on the world.
With that said, there a turning point in our lives when “faking” becomes foreign and being honest and real is our reality. Here are just a few things we women of a certain age (cue 30+) should never fake the funk with…
1. Your feelings – If you feel strongly about something or someone, don’t be afraid to express it. Your feelings are real and should be treated as such.
2. Your reality – There is no need to lie or “front” about what you have or don’t have as a grown woman. Accept who you are and never allow anyone to make you feel less than that.
3. A designer bag – If you can’t afford the designer bag you want at the moment accept it and move on, it’s not that serious. A woman of a certain age should not be sporting a knockoff of any kind.
4. An orgasm – If he is not pleasing you the way he should then tell him. Faking a good time will only hurt you in the long run. Be an adult and speak up!
5. Your friendships – Life is short, especially as you get older so befriending folks who you could care less about is useless and a waste of time. Not everyone is going to like you and you’re not going to like everyone either.
6. Your success- Don’t pretend to be less successful just to keep others comfortable. You worked hard to get to where you are. Don’t brag or boast just don’t belittle yourself.
7. Your past – I noted this in my last column, don’t fake your past. Accept your experiences, lessons learned, and wear them like a badge of honor.