Sheree Confirms She’s Leaving RHOA, And It’s Not About The Money
After about a week or so of rumors about Sheree Whitfield’s departure from the “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” the She by Sheree designer decided to confirm news that she is no longer a part of the cast. However, she says it’s by choice.
In an exclusive with Wetpaint, she had some interesting things to say about why she’ll no longer be a part of the reality TV show.
“After four solid seasons of helping Bravo build the show into its most successful ‘Housewives’ franchise, I have decided to leave. The direction the show is going in is no longer a fit for my lifestyle. I’m tired of the fighting and the cattiness.
“I want to be part of something that empowers and inspires women to not only be healthy, but to treat themselves with respect. I wish the rest of the women the best of luck. I’m thrilled to say I’m now a free agent and am already fielding offers.”
In confirming her choice to leave the show, Sheree denied that she was in New York City during the Bravo TV Upfronts where she was rumored to have left the network’s offices crying after being let go. She says she was on vacation in Puerto Rico with her family at the time.
As for being a free agent, Sheree says she will continue to work on her clothing line and she is also embarking on a new fitness venture to help people live healthier and happier—that’s probably what she should have been doing all along.
Well folks, do you buy her story about choosing to leave or is this another chateau Sheree fabrication?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Jaded, Or Just Realistic: Which Are You?
- Being a Junkie: Hi, My Name is Victoria, and I’m Addicted to Natural Hair Products
- Was There No Better Way? Cops Cuff 6-Year-Old After Throwing Tantrum
- We All Have Good Hair: A Breakdown of Curl Patterns
- Yandy Says Don’t Knock Her Pregnant-Girl-In-The-Club Hustle
- Still Waiting: Will You Ever Be More Than “Friends”?
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Carpal Tunnel & 2 a.m.Texts
- “Ask a Black Man” Episode 4: The Marriage Episode [Extended Cut]