Twenty years and 75 babies later, Brad Pitt and Angelina are officially engaged. OK, it’s more like seven years and six babies, but still that’s a long time and a lot of kids to come between dating and an engagement, but that’s how it goes in the Pitt-Jolie household.
Brad and Angelina will get married, and their new engagement has been backed up Brad’s manager, Cynthia Pett-Dante, who told USA TODAY in a statement:
“Yes, it’s confirmed. It is a promise for the future, and their kids are very happy. There’s no date set at this time.”
Even better than putting a ring on it, Brad designed the custom diamond engagement ring himself, courtesy of Beverly Hills jeweler Robert Procop who made his own statement:
“Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration with Robert. He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so Robert was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suit Angelina’s hand.
“Brad was always heavily involved, overseeing every aspect of the creative design evolution. The side diamonds are specially cut to encircle her finger. Each diamond is of the highest gem quality.”
You could probably feed a small village for what he paid for it, but you gotta love the thought that went into it. Earlier this year, Brad did say the kids were putting pressure on the couple to become husband and wife, and that they would eventually jump the broom because of them. Looks like that day has come sooner than they imagined. Hopefully these two will prove Hollywood relationships/marriages can last (the second time around). Congrats Brangelina!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Experienced Racism When…
- Spring Hair Trend Alert: Which Celebs Rocked Ombre Tresses Right, And Who Did It Wrong?
- Printed Pants: Fab Style Or Fashion Faux Pas?
- 6 Things That Should Not Be Distractions While At Work
- Love and Baby Bumps: Yandy Finally Confirms Pregnancy
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- Raw Reality TV Preview: RHOA Three-Part Reunion
- Cuteness: Louis Bullock (Sandra’s Son) & The Game’s Daughter Cali Get Adorable for The Camera