Remember Theresa Monique Jefferson? She’s the woman who threw bleach and Pine Sol on her baby daddy’s girlfriend in a Walmart store in Baltimore back in October. That little fight sent 19 people to the hospital with irritated eyes and respiratory problems and now the chain isn’t taking any chances on Theresa losing her cool again. They’ve banned her from their store for five years. That includes all Walmart’s in the world.
Truthfully, Theresa got off easy for stunt. Initially she was charged with first- and second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, and malicious destruction of property. All but the second-degree charge was dropped and she was given a suspended five-year sentence, probation and community service, and ordered to stay away from the victim, Ebony Odoms. In a brief court statement, she expressed regret for her behavior.
“I definitely would apologize that the incident escalated to the level it did,” she said, calling the incident “a humiliating and embarrassing experience, one that won’t happen again.”
SMH I hope not.
Theresa and Ebony had reportedly been going at it for a while before a chance encounter in the store set things off. Ebony even had a restraining order against Theresa who had threatened her several times. She obviously made good on that promise in Walmart, but somehow she was acquitted of any violation of the protection order because she has “vowed to stay away from the drama.”
I’m not so sure. It’s hard to undo that type of ratchetness.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Experienced Racism When…
- Spring Hair Trend Alert: Which Celebs Rocked Ombre Tresses Right, And Who Did It Wrong?
- Printed Pants: Fab Style Or Fashion Faux Pas?
- 6 Things That Should Not Be Distractions While At Work
- Love and Baby Bumps: Yandy Finally Confirms Pregnancy
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- Raw Reality TV Preview: RHOA Three-Part Reunion
- Cuteness: Louis Bullock (Sandra’s Son) & The Game’s Daughter Cali Get Adorable for The Camera