‘Don’t Sleep with T.J. Holmes’ News Show Coming to BET
When news anchor T. J. Holmes left CNN in December, there were reports that he was moving to BET but no one knew the details of his new gig. Now, the network has announced that T.J. will be hosting a latenight comedic news show titled, “Don’t Sleep with T.J. Holmes.”
The show’s format is supposed to model other political news programs hosted by Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Steven Colbert. The official announcement describes the show like this:
“T.J. Holmes gives you a good reason to stay up late. With hilarious ‘correspondents,’ T.J.’s sure to have viewers rolling with laughter over the absurdity of today’s hot-button issues. Speaking through a unique and smart African American filter, T.J. invites the community to wake up on the issues that affect them; don’t sleep on the stories that mainstream news outlets won’t cover.
The show will also open ears with captivating, unexpected musical performances. DON’T SLEEP WITH T.J. HOLMES reports with keen focus to keep Black America engaged and in the know.”
Sounds promising. As far as timing goes, the show is supposed to debut later this year but no official debut date has been announced. Kudos to BET for switching it up with quality news and eye candy.
What do you think about this show idea? Will you watch?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Experienced Racism When…
- Spring Hair Trend Alert: Which Celebs Rocked Ombre Tresses Right, And Who Did It Wrong?
- Printed Pants: Fab Style Or Fashion Faux Pas?
- 6 Things That Should Not Be Distractions While At Work
- Love and Baby Bumps: Yandy Finally Confirms Pregnancy
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- Raw Reality TV Preview: RHOA Three-Part Reunion
- Cuteness: Louis Bullock (Sandra’s Son) & The Game’s Daughter Cali Get Adorable for The Camera