Well this is interesting—and totally random. After 10 years of speculation, Morgan Freeman has finally decided to address rumors that he has been in a relationship with his step-granddaughter, E’Dena Hines, by saying the reports are completely false. According to TMZ, the actor put out a statement that reads:
“The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers. What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well.”
I find it a little alarming that he’s just speaking out now. According to his rep, Morgan didn’t want to ”dignify these stories by commenting” but now that the “mainstream media” is picking up the story he felt compelled to say something. I get it, but I would think the time when the news first surfaced and E’Dena was only 17 and he was 64 would’ve been a good time, or when he divorced his wife and many assumed this affair was the reason would have been a suitable time as well. Nevertheless, now at 27 and 74, both Morgan and his step-granddaughter have decided to speak up. E’Dena released her own separate statement, saying:
“These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family.”
I guess this is a situation where the saying better late than never applies. Something still seems a little off, though.
Do you think it’s odd Morgan Freeman waited so long to speak up about this rumored relationship?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Experienced Racism When…
- Spring Hair Trend Alert: Which Celebs Rocked Ombre Tresses Right, And Who Did It Wrong?
- Printed Pants: Fab Style Or Fashion Faux Pas?
- 6 Things That Should Not Be Distractions While At Work
- Love and Baby Bumps: Yandy Finally Confirms Pregnancy
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- Raw Reality TV Preview: RHOA Three-Part Reunion
- Cuteness: Louis Bullock (Sandra’s Son) & The Game’s Daughter Cali Get Adorable for The Camera