In Michael E. Gerber’s recent blog post for Inc., he says that “if you can define these four things, you can build a thriving business.” It all starts with a blank sheet of paper and your imagination to jumpstart your dreams of business building. So what’s holding you back?
What is your ultimate fantasy when it comes to business. Is it to create a beatiful fashion line for your peer group or to revolutionize the technology industry?
The vision is “the mechanism through which the Dream will be realized,” says Gerber. So what is your vision? To create the next Apple? To create the next Marc Jacobs?
Ask yourself why you are embarking on this venture.
This brings your vision and dream down to more practical terms. What exactly do you want to do and what purpose will your business purpose serve i.e My mission is to create an apparel line that will provide distinct and urban fashions to the 25-40 year old demographic, at affordable prices, and which will be produced in the United States and create jobs in my local community.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: A Sister-Run Business Brings High-End Tea Stateside
- Non-MJBs: Popular Songstresses Who Don’t Exploit Their Fame To Push Products
- 8 Unexpected Things You Can Write Off Come Tax Time
- Behind the Click: DeAnna Davidson, President and CEO of Tracen Technologies
- Your Hair Has A Role In Your Career Success