Nene Leakes is Officially a Single Lady
With all the talking Nene did about divorcing her husband Greg, somehow news that the couple had officially parted ways slipped by the media. Bravo producers probably had that on lock since it would be odd to see her debating signing the papers on TV when she was already a free woman, but the Atlanta-Journal Constitution has uncovered paperwork confirming that the divorce is final.
After checking with the Forsyth County superior court clerk’s office where Nene lives, an administrative assistant confirmed Nene filed for divorce on April 29, 2010, during season three, and finalized the divorce September 29, 2011, after season four had finished shooting. So, she’s actually been single for a while now. I wonder if she’ll give that entrepreneur John Kolaj, who keeps buying her Rolex watches and Christian Louboutin shoes, a chance now.
AJC also confirmed that Nene will be back for season 5 of the housewives so maybe she scrapped plans of moving to LA for her acting career and will stay in Atlanta. Guess we’ll have to stay tuned, if so inclined.
Did you think Nene was going to go through with the divorce or back out?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Didn’t You Think They’d Last? 7 Surprising Celebrity Breakups
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Good Times”
- You Remind Me Of My Jeep: 7 Songs That Make You Want To (Joy) Ride
- Ready For The Beach: Swimsuits For Every Body Type and Style
- Gabourey Sidibe and Kelly Ripa Stumble Over Afros, Normal Hair, and Being Americanized
- The Sweet Brown Viral Video: Embarrassed? Why You Shouldn’t Be
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- How Old is Too Old? Mayim Bialik (aka Blossom) Still Breastfeeds her 3-Year-Old Son