Beyonce Writes a Letter Thanking Michelle Obama for Being a Role Model
Beyonce took a little time out of relaxing on the beach during her St. Barts vacation to pen a short note to Michelle Obama. On her website, she posted the letter below, singing the praises of The First Lady and thanking her for being a role model that her daughter, Blue Ivy, can look up to.
Beyonce is usually the one on the receiving end of compliments like this so it’s nice to see her recognize such an important African American figure like Mrs. Obama. Bey’s been a fierce supporter of President Obama’s re-election campaign and Michelle’s right-hand entertainment woman for her “Let’s Move” campaign so perhaps basking under the tropical sun with her husband, away from (most of) the paparazzi got her thinking about how difficult it must be for the Obamas to remain cool under pressure.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Didn’t You Think They’d Last? 7 Surprising Celebrity Breakups
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Good Times”
- You Remind Me Of My Jeep: 7 Songs That Make You Want To (Joy) Ride
- Ready For The Beach: Swimsuits For Every Body Type and Style
- Gabourey Sidibe and Kelly Ripa Stumble Over Afros, Normal Hair, and Being Americanized
- The Sweet Brown Viral Video: Embarrassed? Why You Shouldn’t Be
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- How Old is Too Old? Mayim Bialik (aka Blossom) Still Breastfeeds her 3-Year-Old Son