Who could forget Kevin Costner’s moving personal statement during Whitney Houston’s funeral this February? Houston’s co-star from The Bodyguard, portrayed the late R&B icon as a shy, insecure young lady, with enormous talent.
Costner said, ‘Whitney was nervous and scared that she wasn’t good enough for the role. But I told her I would be with her every step of the way.”
One of the most emotionally moving parts of the service was Costner’s final message to the Grammy Award winning songstress, “Off you go Whitney, off you go. Escorted by an army of angels to your heavenly father. When you sing before him. Don’t you worry. You will be good enough.”
For the complete story, visit TheGrio.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women