(Fresh Xpress) — Last week, the NAACP joined the boycott against Arizona. Why? Because, apparently, black people must jump onto every “civil rights” bandwagon that goes by. What does AZ SB-1070 – a crackdown on illegal immigration – have to do with African-Americans? And why do our premiere organizations and “black leaders” feel the need to stand on the frontlines fighting against it? At the risk of sounding uncharacteristically callous, I have to wonder why we’re out spending resources, doing TV appearances, boycotting cities and overall fighting battles that are wholly unrelated to the progress of African-Americans when our own war hasn’t been won. This Arizona boycott is only a good example of what we do all the time. Whether we’re talking about Proposition 8 or illegal immigration, why are we – as Black people – dragged into every fight?
More on Madame Noire!
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
- Yummy In My Tummy: Tasty Foods That Keep You Energized
- After The Love Is Gone: The Most Common Reasons People Fall Out Of Love
- Do Not Take My Picture!!!! Celebs Who’ve Fought Back (Hard) Against Paparazzi
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN