1. People You’ve Never Seen Before
There are tons of people who believe in God but cannot, I repeat cannot go to church. I’ll be the first to admit that church can sometimes be a grimy place; but I won’t let the actions of a few keep me away from the institution all together. But let me get back on topic. Being that Easter is the day folks feel most indebted to Jesus they make their way to the house of God. If I went to church once a year, I certainly wouldn’t choose Easter. It’s the most crowded, most likely to go long service of the entire year. But if Easter is what’s going to get you in the door, by all means roll through.
2. Tags on Clothes
For some people, it’s pretty much an unspoken rule that Easter is a time to stunt. Everyone from 3 month old babies to 87 year old senior citizens will be raggin’. So while you might not see actual tags on clothes, it will more than evident that a majority of the outfits you see on Sunday, have never been worn before.
On the East coast, it’s still pretty chilly outside. But that doesn’t mean the temperature inside the sanctuary won’t be sweltering. Since people from all walks of life will be making their way to the nearest church, tabernacle or place of worship, don’t expect to have an leg room for days. Folks will be packed in, so be prepared to show some love to your neighbor.
4. Pink and Purple Suits…
…with a Stacy Adams to match. We already mentioned how one’s attire is important for this holiday. Don’t think for a minute that doesn’t include the fellas. Don’t be alarmed if you see a 6 ft tall man wearing yards and yards of lavender fabric. Not only will he be wearing said fabric, he will no doubt believe that he is killing the game. You won’t be able to tell him nothin’.
5. Church Hats
Nothing says black church staple like the church hat or the church crown as they’ve been called. If you’ve never seen any elaborate headgear, curving and jutting at different angles, then you’ve certainly been missing out.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: If I Could Talk to My Younger Self, I’d Say…
- Back to the Drawing Board: 9 Black Films That Were Disappointing…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Waiting on a Ring & Rolling With Frenemies
- SMH: Scorned Lover Posts Nude Pics Of Ex Around Town After Breakup
- 9 Celebs Who Tried The Half-Shaved Hairstyle: Who Made it Fierce and Who Failed?
- I Just Want To Thank Your Parents: Fathers and Mothers of The Most Beautiful Brothers
- Beauty Bests For Belles On A Budget
- Where Are They Now? The Cast and Character of “Martin”