When the media first learned that Jay-Z and Beyonce had named their daughter Blue Ivy, the origin of the name was thought to be based on Jay-Z’s classic Blueprint album and the Roman Numeral IV but Beyonce’s recently released Tumblr page hints at a new meaning behind the baby’s name.
In one of the few video clips on the site,a pregnant Bey is seen standing next to a tree while on vacation in Croatia with Jay and she says this:
“We woke up this morning and took a nice little walk and passed by this beautiful blue tree. I think it’s Blue Ivy, which will be quite appropriate.”
Perhaps they’d already settled on the name and came across this tree by coincidence or maybe that’s where the inspiration came from. We’ll have to wait til she does her first post-baby interview to see.
What do you think?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: If I Could Talk to My Younger Self, I’d Say…
- Back to the Drawing Board: 9 Black Films That Were Disappointing…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Waiting on a Ring & Rolling With Frenemies
- SMH: Scorned Lover Posts Nude Pics Of Ex Around Town After Breakup
- 9 Celebs Who Tried The Half-Shaved Hairstyle: Who Made it Fierce and Who Failed?
- I Just Want To Thank Your Parents: Fathers and Mothers of The Most Beautiful Brothers
- Beauty Bests For Belles On A Budget
- Where Are They Now? The Cast and Character of “Martin”