When Janet Jackson first signed on to be Nutrisystem’s new spokeswoman, she appeared to have fallen off of her trim and toned wagon but in a new ad campaign being rolled out for the weight loss program, it looks like the famous singer has gotten right back on.
On Monday, a new commercial will debut with Janet in a high-waisted black pant showing off the tiny midsection she’s been known for during most of her adult singing career, and by the end of the month, print campaigns will roll out featuring the petite 45-year-old in a fitted orange dress showing off the results of “getting on it”–her Nutrisystem tagline.
In December, the company said Janet had lost 10 pounds in a little more than a month, but she’s keeping her results on the hush.
“I’m not viewing this as a diet,” she told USA TODAY‘s Nanci Hellmich during that time. “I’m not putting a number on it. I don’t look at the scale. I’m going about it in a different way this time.”
Janet added that she doesn’t need to lose “a great amount,” and that she would stop “when I feel good about it,” judging from this new campaign that time is now.
Check out Janet’s new commercial here. Does this make you want to try Nutrisystem?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: If I Could Talk to My Younger Self, I’d Say…
- Back to the Drawing Board: 9 Black Films That Were Disappointing…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Waiting on a Ring & Rolling With Frenemies
- SMH: Scorned Lover Posts Nude Pics Of Ex Around Town After Breakup
- 9 Celebs Who Tried The Half-Shaved Hairstyle: Who Made it Fierce and Who Failed?
- I Just Want To Thank Your Parents: Fathers and Mothers of The Most Beautiful Brothers
- Beauty Bests For Belles On A Budget
- Where Are They Now? The Cast and Character of “Martin”