Omar Epps Producing And Starring In New Romantic Comedy
The last love story I remember seeing Omar Epps star in was “Love and Basketball,” so this actor’s new venture is long overdue. Written under his production banner, BrooklynWorks Films, Omar Epps has created a romantic comedy titled “Between Us” that he plans to bring to life with the financial backing of YMCMB members Bryan “Baby” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams.
Omar told Deadline the finished script is about two best friends “looking for love in the wrong places with a contemporary twist.” (Sounds a little like “Brown Sugar.”) Not only has Omar written the script he will also star in the movie, alongside Tracey Edmonds, and although Young Money Cash Money seems like an odd collaborator for the project, Omar said the brothers were looking to expand their ever-growing empire.
“They loved the concept and in a perfect world, we’ll be shooting late summer or early fall, but you know how that goes.”
The search for a director for “Between Us” is currently underway while Omar busies himself with several other television projects, including “Southern Gothic,” a one-hour drama written by Michael Nourse, and the travel show “Mile High” starring David Arquette and Mike McGuiness which he just sold to the Travel Channel.
Shout out to Omar Epps for getting his production hustle on, I just hope this movie won’t be a straight to DVD/BET film.
Did you know Omar Epps had all of these television projects going on?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Early Signs Of They Jealous Type
- Juicy Details, Please: 7 Autobiographies We’d Love To Read
- 7 Men To Run From When Online Dating
- Let’s Put An End To Nose Contouring – For Good
- “Shaunie O’Neal Says She’s Too Old For Jen And Evelyn’s Drama
- Did Kerry Washington Deserve The Vanity Fair Cover?
- Unorthodox Religion: Pastor Puts Stripper Pole In Pulpit To Curb Members’ Lascivious Ways
- “Ask A Black Man” Cast – Meet Devale Ellis