We were not meant to be solitary creatures. We have a drive within us to seek out relationships, whether it’s through family, friends, or a romantic partner. Friends can be so beneficial in fact, that in Glamour magazine’s March issue they reported on a study that had people carry a large load up a hill; when accompanied with a friend, that load or the climb didn’t appear as heavy or high. But what do you do when there are no friends to help you carry your load? Just like in Rachel’s article, givers can sometimes find themselves alone due to constantly being there for others, and not finding anyone in their corners. Here are seven different ways for you to encourage yourself when the load seems too heavy to burden by yourself.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Black Fatigue Is Real: How Much More Can We Take?
- Iyanla Vanzant Is Going To Heal Baltimore, But What About Ohio?
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural