Another day, another opportunity for Solange Knowles to take over the world. If you don’t think she’s well on her way to doing so, then you probably haven’t peeped out her new spread in the current April/May issue of Complex (I ADORE that magazine by the way). In it, she gets fierce and funky in her usual wild prints and with a full fro, and she also talks about everything from reality TV, her cool a** parents, and being a submissive woman versus being too independent. Check it:
When asked whether she could see herself on Project Runway for her style or on Love and Hip Hop just because, she had this to say: “I’ve never seen Project Runway, but I’m a huge Chrissy [Love & Hip-Hop star Christine Lampkin] fan. I’d need to take boxing lessons from her first though, nahmean?”
She also made it clear that while she loves being independent, behind closed doors, she’s all about being submissive: “Strong, independent women share this sentiment of wanting to be taken over sexually behind closed doors. It’s the natural balance for a woman like me.”
And she even touched on why she would have preferred to know her parents when they were young rather than to know them now. Why? Because they were pretty hip. Or at least Miss Tina was:
“My mother was the most stylish, flawless woman I’ve ever seen. My father had a little cool, but my mother was a different breed of cool. I’ve looked through photographs of her that inspire me today. She’s partied at Studio 54, hung out in ski chalets in Colorado, and played Cleopatra in a play in Egypt. She’s insanely cool in her 50s, but I wouldn’t pass up being with her in her prime!”
Check out more photos from the shoot below, and click over to Complex.com to see behind the scenes video of it, and also to check out the rest of the interview. Go Solo!
More on Madame Noire!
- Happy Until They God Married: Broken Celebrity Couples
- Training Day: Things You Should Never Have To Teach Your Man
- Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems: Mega Millions Winner Won’t Share Money With Lotto Pool
- Do You Go Too Hard For Your Favorite Celebrity?
- Uh Oh: Is Swizz Beatz Creeping With His Ex?
- Charlie Bell:Kenya’s Recklessly Spending My Money To Get Back At Me
- An Open Letter To Mary J. Blige Re: Her Bufoonish Burger King Commercial
- What Does It Really Mean To Think Like A Man?