Whenever Evelyn acts a fool on “Basketball Wives,” which is pretty much every episode, my gut reaction is, Shaunie, get your girl. Like me, most viewers wonder how she can watch things unravel so calmly while her friend ruins event after event with her bully antics—besides the fact that she probably has thoughts of paychecks floating through her head.
Vibe recently sat down with Shaunie and asked her the same thing and she basically said it’s not her beef so she’s not bothered.
“The Evelyn and Jen situation has affected pretty much the whole cast,” she said. “It’s really complicated for people who aren’t apart of their beef. Jen, I think, she tends to think that we side with one or the other and that’s not the case. I’m too old to be siding with two grown women that have their own beef going on.
“We’re all grown and everybody changes, and change is good for the most part. So, I’m just rolling with it and I’m kind of over it and I don’t care anymore.”
I think most people feel that way, especially since Jen is over the foolishness herself. That may be why Evelyn has decided to descend her wrath on new cast member, Kenya Bell.
Shaunie also mentioned she never expected “Basketball Wives” to take off like it did, and while she’s cool with the show being in it’s fourth season she said she’s already on to the next thing. She didn’t mention what that is exactly but her nonchalant attitude explains why she’s not involving herself in anybody else’s drama on the show.
Check out Shaunie’s full interview with Vibe here. Do you think she should tell her girl Evelyn to chill out or not worry about it?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Happy Until They Got Married: Broken Celebrity Couples
- Training Day: Things You Should Never Have To Teach Your Man
- Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems: Mega Millions Winner Won’t Share Money With Lotto Pool
- Do You Go Too Hard For Your Favorite Celebrity?
- Uh Oh: Is Swizz Beatz Creeping With His Ex?
- Charlie Bell:Kenya’s Recklessly Spending My Money To Get Back At Me
- An Open Letter To Mary J. Blige Re: Her Buffoonish Burger King Commercial
- What Does It Really Mean To Think Like A Man?